Contacts  |  Hrvatski  |  English

The Hillfort of Vitunj

The small town of Vitunj is situated to the west of Ogulin, near the source of the small river of Vitunjčica, a tributary of the Dobra. The Vitunj fort certainly existed in the first half of the 15th century while it could even date from the 13th century judging from its shape because there is no written information about it. In 1449 it is mentioned for the first as being owned by the Frankopans. It was abandoned in 1575, and its defensive function was taken over by Ogulin. The preserved ruins of the Vitunj's fort still dominate the nearby landscape today.

2010 © Tourist Board of Ogulin
Design & Development - Studio Revolucija